Tuesday, February 13, 2007
"America has guided missiles and misguided leaders."
—Ghazwan Al Mukhtar, electrical engineer, quoted here
They say that when a bomb so powerful pounds human flesh and blood, the shadows of dead souls are embedded in the walls around the place where the human flesh and blood are so mightily incinerated. Such shadows exist in the aftermath of Hiroshima, and shadows of women and children are imprinted on the walls of the Amiriyya bomb shelter in Baghdad.
Fifteen years ago today, two US “smart” bombs hit the civilian bomb shelter in an attack on Iraq that is now known as the first Gulf War. The first bomb punched a hole in the reinforced concrete ceiling of the shelter. Some accounts say it was ten feet thick. Following swiftly in the path of the first one, a second bomb wheezed in through the hole, exploding amidst women and children huddled together in this place that they they thought was safe from the pandemonium that was building up outside. Just minutes before they had heard a wheezing sound, and then, everything was light and fury. And their bodies melted and their bones rattled and burnt, and their shadows clung to the walls.
This was the first light of freedom coming down on the people of Iraq. First the tyranny of Saddam Hussein, then the white heat and showers of democracy coming down on their heads. For most of these innocent Iraqis: women young and old, children clinging to their mothers, there were no heads left, nor bodies nor hope. They were incinerated into dust, all 408 of them, the biggest single incident of civilian casualty in modern warfare.
Oh, there were a handful of survivors who walked out of that hell all dazed and mad. A few are in asylums, a few still gazing blankly into this distant hell, hearing the sounds of sons and daughters wailing then silenced by the call of the night time bombers just before democracy arrived at their door.
It was called the Amiriyya civilian shelter. Fifteen years ago, today. Remember it now.
Monday, February 12, 2007
Apartheid News I
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
1. Abraham was the Biblical ancestor of Arabs and Jews. Thus, logically, each group should be treated equally and with respect. True or false? If you answered True, you are anti-Semitic because you hate the Jews.
2. The US foreign policy favors Israel and punishes her enemies. True or false? If you answered True you are obviously anti-Semitic.
3. The Federal Reserve Bank, which controls US money and thus controls America, is based in London, England and is headed by Jewish peoples. True or false? If you answered False, you are not necessarily anti-Semitic but simply uninformed.
4. Many powerful US Congressmen, senators and representatives, whether Republican or Democrat, travel to Israel but never travel to Iran or Syria on all-expenses-paid fact-finding missions, thus their bias towards Israel and against Iran. True or false? If you answered True, you know your current events but probably have anti-Semitic tendencies.
5. Many powerful Hollywood moviemakers are Jewish. Thus almost all movie villains (Nazis, Muslims, Islamic terrorists, Catholic pedophiles) are enemies of Jews---but never, ever are Jewish people portrayed as evil. True or false? If you answered True you hate the Jews and are anti-Semitic.
6. Jews are among the best and worst people in the world. But Jews enjoy far more influence and positions of power, relative to their numbers, than any other comparable group of people in the US. True or false? If you answered True you are a neo-Nazi skinhead AND an anti-Semite.
7. Jewish people enjoy high places of power in the US government and media, but many of them also hold foreign passports for Israel. Doesn't that create problems of loyalty? True or false? If you answered True, you obviously hate America and side with the Arab terrorist--or perhaps you are an Al Qaeda member and should be imprisoned.
If you answered True to any of the above seven simple questions, you have definite anti-Semitic tendencies. If you answered True to ALL seven, you will be among the first anti-Semites to be rounded up and put into a concentration camp."
Now read the rest of the article HERE